Become a Teacher!
- Qualifications: Extensive teaching and music experience or a teaching degree are required. Piano skills should be at level 5 or higher. Teachers need to have a natural, accurate, pleasant singing voice. Successful Let’s Play Music teachers are enthusiastic, organized, confident, professional and fun.
- Revenue potential: The potential for you to earn revenue as a Let’s Play Music teacher is almost entirely up to you! The three factors involved in projecting your income are tuition amount, class size, and number of classes. Tuition is set according to your region, class size is 5-8 students, and number of classes is 1-5.
- Financial investment: This is a licensing arrangement, so you will be ‘purchasing’ the right to use our program. Licensing fees are paid at the time of training and cover your attendance at the certification seminar, your teacher’s materials, and the student materials. Royalty fees are assessed monthly at $5 per student.
- Time commitment: Class periods are 45 minutes long and meet once a week. You can expect to spend about the same amount of time preparing and promoting as you do teaching. Three years of curriculum are taught in six sequential semesters, each 15 weeks long. This is just under 8 months per year (September-April).
- Teaching facility: Your Let’s Play Music studio must be large enough to accommodate at least 4 students and their parents in an active class. Most teachers are able to teach out of their homes.